I am a 2nd year Computer Science PhD candidate in the Intelligent Interactive Systems Group at Harvard, advised by Krzysztof Gajos. In my research, I want to improve human-human collaboration using spoken dialogue analysis. To do this, I use techniques from research fields as various as human collaboration, interaction design, and artificial intelligence.
Before Harvard, I received my Bachelor and Master in Munich, Germany. While in Munich, I conducted research on Speech Emotion Recognition on Mobile Platforms, advised by Björn Schuller. I also spent some time working in South Korea.
- Huber, B, Reinecke K, Gajos, KZ. The Effect of Performance Feedback on Social Media Sharing at Volunteer-Based Online Experiment Platforms. In Proceedings of CHI'17, 2017. To appear. [PDF]
- Strobelt, H., Gehrmann, S., Huber, B., Pfister, H., & Rush, A. M. (2016). Visual analysis of hidden state dynamics in recurrent neural networks. arXiv preprint arXiv:1606.07461. [PDF]
- Williams, JJ., Lombrozo, T, Hsu, A, Huber, B., Kim, J. Revising Learner Misconceptions Without Feedback: Prompting for Reflection on Anomalous Facts. Proceedings of the 34rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2016). Honorable Mention [PDF]
- Eyben F, Huber B, Marchi E, Schuller D, Schuller B. Real-time robust recognition of speakers' emotions and characteristics on mobile platforms. Proc. 6th biannual Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII 2015). [PDF]
- Huber B, Lee JH, Park JH. Detecting User Intention at Public Displays from Foot Positions. Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2015). [PDF]
Posters & Demos
- Siangliulue, P., Chan, J., Huber, B., Dow, S. P., & Gajos, K. Z. (2016, February). IdeaHound: Self-sustainable Idea Generation in Creative Online Communities. In Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing Companion (pp. 98-101). ACM. [PDF]
- Huber B, Tausch S, Hußmann H. Supporting debates with a real-time feedback system. CHI'14 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2014). [PDF]
- Huber B. Foot position as indicator of spatial interest at public displays. CHI'13 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2013). ACM Student Research Competition Grand Finals First Prize. [PDF]
- Harvard CS179: Design of Useful and Usable Interactive Systems (TF Spring 2016)