We are a Harvard University research team currently working on a study looking at people who harm themselves. The primary goal of the study is to better understand what kinds of thoughts and feelings motivate different types of self-harm, including intentional overdoses with and without wanting to die as well as other types of self-harm without wanting to die. We are interested in recruiting people who use this website to participate in our research study. Participation is completely voluntary. We are recruiting worldwide.
If you are interested in participating, you will be asked to complete an online screener to see if you qualify to participate. If you qualify, you will complete an online survey lasting 30-60 minutes. The study will take place online you will be compensated $10 in online gift cards to Amazon.
A few important things to know about the study are:
1. The study includes questions and images regarding self-harm as well as other unpleasant images. Some people may feel that these images are disturbing and may find them to be triggering.
2. All information collected will be kept confidential.
3. Participation is completely voluntary.
4. If you start to participate and decide you no longer feel comfortable or you are no longer interested, you can end your participation without any penalty or punishment.
5. We will provide links to treatment resources at the end of the study.
6. This study will include only participants who are 18 years and older and fluent in English.
Please send us an email at email@example.com if you are interested in participating. Once you contact us, we will send you a link to a screening questionnaire to see if you qualify. If you qualify, you will be provided with more information about the study and a link to the assessment if you are interested in participating.
Thank you for your consideration!