Simon was elected a Sir Robert Gordon Menzies Scholar and went on to complete a Master of Science in Computational Science and Engineering at Harvard University. During his time at Harvard, he cross-registered into Harvard Business School, recieved individual coaching at the Harvard Innovation Lab, consulted at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, and was selected to participate in Harvard's Asia Leadership Program.
Simon’s areas of research interest are:
- The intersection between economics and computation: the use of data science methods and tooling to solve commercial problems such as customer profiling and regulatory compliance
- Security Assessment and Testing: methods used to assess the vulnerability of data-at-rest and data-in-transport.
- Enterprise architecture: the application of architecture principles and practices to guide organizations through the business, information, process, and technology changes necessary to execute their strategies.
Simon has 9 years of progressive professional engagements that span:
- Two Sigma Investments, a New York City based systematic investment manager, founded with the goal of applying cutting-edge technology to the data-rich world of finance
- The Australian Government’s National Broadband Network Initiative, an Australian Government program tasked with designing, building, and operating a Government-owned high-speed broadband internet access network across Australia in order to reduce Australia's digital divide
- The Commonwealth Bank of Australia, an Australian multinational investment banking and financial services corporation that is Australia's largest bank and also the largest bank in the Southern Hemisphere
- Westpac Banking Corporation, an Australian multinational investment banking and financial services corporation that is Australia's second largest bank
- IBM Corporation, an American multinational technology company that manufactures and markets computer hardware, middleware and software, and offers hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology
Having started his education and career in Australia, Simon has traveled to over 10 countries. He is looking forward to living in and exploring North America more extensively during his time in New York City. In his spare time, Simon enjoys fine arts and collecting computer gadgets.