– More, Alexander F. et al., (2020) "The Impact of a Six‐Year Climate Anomaly on the “Spanish Flu” Pandemic and WWI," GeoHealth (AGU), 4, e2020GH000277. https:// doi.org/10.1029/2020GH000277
– With Clifford, H. et al., "A 2000 Year Saharan Dust Event Proxy Record from an Ice Core in the European Alps," Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 124 (2019), 12,282-12,900 https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JD030725
– Loveluck, C.P., More, Alexander F. et al., "Alpine ice reveals the yearly political economy of the Angevin Empire," Antiquity, 94.374 (2020): 473-90. https://doi.org/10.15184/aqy.2019.202
– More, Alexander F., et al., "The role of historical context in understanding past climate, pollution and health data in trans-disciplinary studies," GeoHealth (AGU), 2, 162-170 (2018), DOI:10.1029/2017GH000121.
– More, Alexander F., et al., "Next Generation Ice Core Technology Reveals True Minimum Natural Levels of Lead (Pb) in the Atmosphere: Insights from the Black Death," GeoHealth (AGU), 2017 (DOI: 10.1002/2017GH000064)
– With C. Loveluck et al., “Alpine ice-core evidence for transformation of the European monetary system, AD 640-670,” Antiquity, November, 2018 https://doi.org/10.15184/aqy.2018.110
– With Luongo et al., "Possible Icelandic Tephra Found in European Colle Gnifetti Glacier," Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 18 (2017), 3904–3909. https://doi.org/10.1002/2017GC007022
– More, Alexander, "Climate Change, Health and the Anthropocene: Why We Must Study the Past," Remedia, Dec. 2017 (DOI: 10.7910/DVN/IFJWVH)
– More, Alexander, The Public Good: At The Origins of Welfare and Health Care, book manuscript under revision based on doctoral dissertation (Dec. 2014).
– With M. McCormick et al., “Climate Change: A First Synthesis Based on Multi-Proxy Natural Scientific and Historical Evidence,” Journal of Interdisciplinary History 43.2 (2012): 169-220 (link).
– More, Alexander F. Medico, “Averroe,” “Pietro d’Abano,” and “Veronica Franco,” in A. Prosperi and V. Lavenia eds., Dizionario Storico dell’Inquisizione (Pisa: Scuola Normale Superiore, 2010).
– More, Alexander F. “Civic Medicine,” and “Averroës of Cordoba” in Oxford Dictionary of the Middle Ages, ed. Robert E. Bjork (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008).
Invited Lectures & Conference Papers (selected)
– "A Crossroads Between Continents: Interdisciplinary Approaches." Co-organized conference panel, EAA 2021, 09/10/21.
– "OneHealth: How Protecting Nature Protects Our Health." Global Exploration Summit, 7/6/21.
– "How Climate Affects Pandemics: New Discoveries from the Cuting Edge of Scientific Exploration." Explorers Club Lecture Series, 3/15/21.
– "Present, Past and Future of Lead Pollution Through the World’s Highest-Resolution Atmospheric Record from the European Alps and Historical Testimonies" in History and Future of Environmental Epidemiology, Annual Meeting of International Society of Environmental Epidemiology, 2019.
– American Museum of Natural History – LIU Roosevelt Fellows, 7/9/19.
– Global Exploration Summit, Lisbon, Portugal, 7/5/19.
– United Nations World Oceans Week, 6/5/19.
– United Nations World Oceans Day Celebration, 6/8/19.
– Earth Day Celebration, CSCR Cohasset, MA, 4/28/19.
–"‘For the Benefit andEnjoyment of the People:’ Theodore Roosevelt, the Environment and the General Welfare, Past and Present," Theodore Roosevelt Institute at Long Island University, 3/5/19.
– Milstein Science Series Lecture, American Museum of Natural History, New York City, February 17, 2019.
– Fjällräven – Explorers Club lecture series, 10/25/18.
– More, Alexander F., N. Spaulding, P. Bohleber, H. Clifford, A. Kurbatov, L. Hartman, M. Handley, C. Loveluck, M. McCormick, S. Sneed, and P. A. Mayewski, "The Detailed Long History of Man-made Air Pollution and Its Implications for Current Policy and Public Health," Planetary Health Alliance Annual Meeting, Edinburgh, Scotland, May 28-31, 2018.
– "Climate Crises and Human Survival." Invited lecture at the Explorers Club, New York City, May 14th, 2018.
– "Climate Change, Wildlife Conservation and Human Health: Insights from the Past for a Better Future" Lowell Thomas Awards, TEC Boston, October 16, 2018.
– “Wildlife and Cultural Loss Due to Warming Oceans and Man-made Pollution,” Explorers Club - United Nations Oceans Week, New York, June 4-8, 2018.
– "The Worlds that Plague Didn't Make: Quarantine Before and After 1348," at the Worlds the Plague Made, Conference at New York University, April 14, 2018.
– "Climate Change, Pollution and Human Survival: The Essential Role of Historical Evidence in Framing High-Resolution Climate and Pollution Data," Planetary Health Alliance workshop, April 5, 2018.
– "Linking Historical and Glaciochemical Evidence to Study the Impact of Climate Change and Air Pollution on Human Populations in the Last Millennium," American Geophysical Union Annual Meeting, New Orleans, December, 2017.
– "Climate Change, Pollution and Human Survival in the last Millennium: the Consilience of Historical and Scientific Evidence," Climate Change Institute, University of Maine, Nov. 2, 2017.
– "Climate Change and Human Survival in the last 700 years (and the next 50)," keynote address, Harvard Conservation Trust, Nov. 10, 2016.
– “Climate Change and the Health of Pre-Modern Europeans,” in “2,000 Years of European Climate: First Results from the SoHP Historical Ice Core Project,” Initiative for the Science of the Human Past, Harvard University, Nov. 11, 2015. (link to event page and video of the talk)
– With P. Bohleber et al., "Linking Two Thousand Years of European Historical Records with Environmental Change Recorded in a High Alpine ice core" European Geoscience Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria, March 17, 2016.
– With L. Hartman, “Microanalysis of Fine Insoluble Particulates from the Colle Gnifetti Ice Core,” European Geophysical Union, April 2018.
– With H. Clifford, “A New Approach for Ultra-High-Resolution Ice Core Data Analysis,” European Geophysical Union, April 2018.
– “From Shawmut to the Big Dig: The History of Boston in One Hour,” invited lecture, Massachusetts State House, April 29, 2013.– "At the Origins of Welfare Policy: Legal Heritage and Economic Policies in the Eastern and Western Mediterranean," Delivered at Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Museum, Washington, D.C., April, 2011.
– “Mapping the Pre-Modern Mediterranean: Food, Health and Climate,” two-day seminar lecture delivered at Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Washington D.C., July 16-17, 2009.
– “Provisioning in the Pre-Modern Mediterranean,” delivered at the ICMS, MI, May, 2009.
In Harvard MAPS - DARMC Scholarly Data Series (full list here)
– With M. McCormick et. al., "Draft 1: Western European Climate from Written Sources, 1000-1425 AD," DARMC Scholarly Data Series 2015-2 (2015) link.
– With M. McCormick and K. Harper, "Historical Evidence on Roman and Post-Roman Climate, 100 BC to 800 AD," DARMC Scholarly Data Series 2012-1 (2012).