OpenComet is an open-source software tool providing automated analysis of comet assay images.
OpenComet is a plugin for the image processing program ImageJ. The latest version of OpenComet (v1.3) can be obtained from the Downloads page. Follow the instructions to install and launch OpenComet. OpenComet can analyze a batch of comet assay images, identify the comets and measure their parameters. Refer to the usage instructions and a video tutorial to learn using the tool.Highlights
- Automated analysis: faster and less prone to human bias
- Robust methods for finding comets and comet head
- Measures DNA% in tail, Tail moment, Olive momentand other comet parameters
- Manual review (optional) of analysis results
- Live measurement of comets using Micro-Manager
- Validated on both alkaline and neutral comet assay images
For more details on this software, please click on www.opencomet.org.