I am a 5th year Computer Science PhD candidate in the Intelligent Interactive Systems Group at Harvard, getting advice from Krzysztof Gajos and Stuart Shieber. During my PhD, I did internships at Microsoft Research and Adobe Research. Before Harvard, I received my Bachelor and Master in Munich, Germany working with Björn Schuller. I also spent some time working in South Korea.
My research is at the intersection of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), building interactive AI to support human communication. My research makes communication support scalable, in settings where communication is crucial, like parent-child interaction support, creating video blogs, or analyzing your meeting style.
- Huber, B, Shieber, S, Gajos, KZ. Automatically Analyzing Brainstorming Language Behavior with Meeter. In CSCW 2019. Best Paper Honorable Mention [PDF, Try it]
- Huber, B, Shin H, Russell B, Wang O, Mysore GJ. B-Script: Transcript-based B-roll Video Editing with Recommendations. In Proceedings of CHI'19, 2019. [PDF, Try it]
- Huber, B, Davis R, Cotter A, Junkin E, Yard M, Shieber S, Brestan-Knight E, Gajos KZ. SpecialTime: Automatically Detecting Dialogue Acts from Speech to Support Parent-Child Interaction Therapy. In PervasiveHealth 2019. [PDF, Try it, プロジェクトウェブサイト]
- Huber, B, Gajos, KZ. Conducting Online Virtual Environment Experiments with Uncompensated, Unsupervised Samples. In PloS one 2019.
- Huber, B, McDuff D. Facial Expression Grounded Conversational Dialogue Generation. In Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG), 2018. [PDF]
- Huber, B, McDuff D, Brockett C, Galley M, Dolan B. Emotional Dialogue Generation using Image-Grounded Language Models. In Proceedings of CHI'18, 2018. [PDF]
- Huber, B, Reinecke K, Gajos, KZ. The Effect of Performance Feedback on Social Media Sharing at Volunteer-Based Online Experiment Platforms. In Proceedings of CHI'17, 2017. [PDF]
- Strobelt, H., Gehrmann, S., Huber, B., Pfister, H., & Rush, A. M. (2016). Visual analysis of hidden state dynamics in recurrent neural networks. arXiv preprint arXiv:1606.07461. [PDF]
- Williams, JJ., Lombrozo, T, Hsu, A, Huber, B., Kim, J. Revising Learner Misconceptions Without Feedback: Prompting for Reflection on Anomalous Facts. In Proceedings of CHI'16, 2016. Honorable Mention [PDF]
- Eyben F, Huber B, Marchi E, Schuller D, Schuller B. Real-time robust recognition of speakers' emotions and characteristics on mobile platforms. In Proceedings on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII 2015). [PDF]
- Huber B, Lee JH, Park JH. Detecting User Intention at Public Displays from Foot Positions. In Proceedings of CHI'15, 2015. [PDF]
Posters & Demos
- Siangliulue, P., Chan, J., Huber, B., Dow, S. P., & Gajos, K. Z. (2016, February). IdeaHound: Self-sustainable Idea Generation in Creative Online Communities. In Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing Companion (pp. 98-101). ACM. [PDF]
- Huber B, Tausch S, Hußmann H. Supporting debates with a real-time feedback system. CHI'14 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2014). [PDF]
- Huber B. Foot position as indicator of spatial interest at public displays. CHI'13 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2013). ACM Student Research Competition Grand Finals First Prize. [PDF]
- Harvard CS279: Topics in Human-Computer Interaction Research (TF Fall 2017)
Harvard CS179: Design of Useful and Usable Interactive Systems (TF Spring 2016)