My current research activities focus on the detection and treatment of sepsis.
Additional areas of interest include:
- early management of trauma
- emergency management and disaster medicine
- patient safety and quality improvement
- behavioral economics and healthcare 'nudges'
- public health interventions for opioid addiction
- prehospital care and EMS
I've presented research on sepsis for the Annual Meeting of the Society of Academic Emegency Medicine (2020), prehospital response to mass violence at the National Collegiate Emergency Medical Services conference (Philadelphia, 2016), and research on a program to reduce identity theft at the Federal Trade Commission (Washington, D.C., 2015).
updated July 2020