Enabling this setting in your operating system will set the
prefers-reduce-motion: reduce media query in modern web browsers.
- macOS: System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > check Reduce Motion.
- iOS/iPadOS: Settings > Accessibility > Motion > toggle Reduce Motion.
- Windows 11: Start > Settings > Accessibility > Visual Effects > toggle Animation Effects.
- Windows 10: Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Display > toggle Show animations in Windows.
- Android: Settings > Accessibility > toggle Remove Animations.
Update March 1, 2022: Added Windows 11. The MDN Web Docs page has a more thorough list that I expect is updated as operatings systems change.