I have a master's degree in Nonfiction Writing and publish frequently about ecology, trees, and people who work on behalf of others.
Recent Harvard Forest Press Releases
- New Insights on Forests in a Changing Landscape (2017)
- New Study Links Hemlock Decline to Shifts in Water Resources (2017)
- Canadian Forests a Refuge as Warming Creeps North (2016)
- Why More Hotspots Aren't So Cool (2015)
- More Maple Seeds, Less Maple Syrup (2014)
- When Forests Take the Hit (2014)
- Pitcher Plants Provide a Tipping Point (2013)
- When It's Best to Do Nothing At All (2012)
- Knowing New England’s Ants (2012)
Recent Freelance Publications
- Mount Holyoke Alumnae Quarterly. Winter 2018. "Trees that Teach and Are Remembered" (full text)
- Tree Care Industry Magazine. June 2016. "Spreading the Warmth: Firewood Donations an Investment in Community" (full text)
- Orion. January/February 2016. "Tree People"
- Whole Terrain. 2016. "Being There"
- Worcester Living Magazine. Fall 2015. "Trees Define Our Environment" (full text)
- Worcester Telegram & Gazette. Aug 2014. "Petersham arborist hopes to climb her way to tree championship" (full text)
- ESA's EcoTone blog. July 2014. "Parachuting In: Writing that Drops Readers into the Field of Ecology" (full text)
- Ecotone Journal. Winter 2014. "While Our Backs Are Turned" (full text)
- Worcester Living Magazine. Fall 2013. "Therapy on Wheels" (full text)
- Christian Science Monitor. Spring 2013. "Scott Budnick serves breakfast--with a side order of respect--to the homeless" (full text)