Currently I am Lecturer on Government and Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies at Harvard University, from where I received my PhD in March 2014. At present I am working on several long-term research projects, including a book examining how the politics of history are used by the Kremlin to justify its present-day foreign policy stances toward Ukraine, Poland and the European Union.
- Post-communist politics (focusing on Russia, Poland and Ukraine)
- Politics of history and moral justifications for political action
- Religion and politics (esp. comparing United States and Western Europe)
- European political parties and the rise of right-wing parties
- Arctic security and Russia's re-militarization of the Far North
- Comparative democratization
- Regulation of toxic substances in developed countries