Hack for the People is an online intercollegiate platform that hosts events centered on current social/economic/political/environmental issues mentored by experts on topics suggested by students and more. By connecting students and experts from across the globe, this initiative facilitates diverse discussions and innovation opportunities covering a variety of topics that will emphasize a global outlook on situations that impact us all.
- Best Sociocultural Hack
- Best Economic Hack
- Best Political Hack
- Best Environmental Hack
- Best Data Visualization Hack
- Best High School Hack
- Best Continuation Hack
- Best Use of Google Cloud
- Best Use of echoAR
- Pale Blue Dot
- Hindsight 20/21
- I'm Possible
- See The Light
- The Sixth Extinction
- Re-Flatten The Curve
Each sponsor track winner will receive a sponsor-contributed prize. Sponsors contribute a problem statement, office hours, educational material, and judging.
- Apply for the hackathon through our Devpost page to be eligible for prizes. You can compete individually or with a team of up to 4 members. Acceptances are rolling.
- Fill out our Typeform to complete your registration and get swag mailed to you after the event is over.
- Join the Harvard student-led Coronavirus Visualization Community Intercollegiate Discord server and head over to the #check-in channel after self-verification to access to our event channels where the hackathon will be taking place.
- Attend our opening ceremony Friday August 21st 10:00:00 AM ET.
- Receive help from our world-class mentors and learn from experienced SWEs.
- Watch expert panels, tutorials, and presentations.
- Develop a project that encompasses a solution to one or more of our tracks.
- Continuation projects are allowed, but will only be eligible for the 'Best Continuation Hack' prize as well as VC prizes.
- All attendees must submit their projects alongside a project description and 2 minute video demo through our Devpost page by Sunday August 23rd 1:00:00 PM ET.
- Our judges will primarily be looking at your submitted Devpost project page and the uploaded 2 minute video demo of your project.
- Use this article to learn how to create and submit a project on Devpost.
Closing/Awards Ceremony Sunday August 23rd 4:00:00 PM ET.