About Hong Qu
Hong Qu is an adjunct lecturer at Harvard Kennedy School. As one of the first engineers on YouTube’s startup team, he designed key features including the homepage, user channels, and video sharing. He was a visiting Nieman Fellow at Harvard in 2013 and is a graduate of Wesleyan University and the School of Information at UC Berkeley.
Hong is currently a research fellow at the Malcolm Wiener Center working on the social policy Data Visualization Lab.
Learn more about the classes Hong teaches at Harvard.
- PhD candidate at Network Science Institute at Northeastern University
- Harvard Kennedy School course Data and Information Visualization and Advanced Data and Information Visualization
Berkman Klein Center Assembly project
- AI Blindspot is a discovery process for spotting unconscious biases and structural inequalities in AI systems
- Stanford Center for Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity fellowship
- Harvard Global Health Institute