WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION – WHO KOBE CENTRE FOR HEALTH DEVELOPMENT
- Design the initial concept of the WHO/WKC Knowledge Hub on Metrics and Monitoring for UHC in Aging Populations, a web platform for researchers and policymakers to learn about how countries define and measure essential health services, financial protection and care quality for aging populations.
CENTER FOR GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT (CGD)
MPH Global Health Intern
- Developed a working paper on the role of Private Health Insurance to achieve Universal Health Coverage based on the cases of Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and South Africa.
HARVARD T.H. CHAN SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH, THE TAKEMI PROGRAM IN INTERNATIONAL HEALTH
Takemi Program Assistant
Boston, MA, 08/2017–Present
- Designed communication strategies to promote the Takemi Program and boost its presence in social media.
- Research Assistant for Prof. Jesse Bump on his work on the political economy of global health.
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES, ENVIRONMENT AND PUBLIC HEALTH LAW CLINIC
Clinical Instructor and Teaching Fellow
- Guided senior Law School students in advocating for regulatory and policy reforms through judicial and administrative actions to improve the environment and public health of Colombians, particularly for low-income communities.
- Supervised clinical students’ work and development on environmental and public health interventions.
- Coordinated different interventions before the Colombian Constitutional Court related to access of medicines and pharmaceutical regulation, right to health of indigenous communities in Vaupés, and fetal tissue donation for research.
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, GROUP OF EPIDEMIOLOGY – EPIANDES
Health Law and Policy Researcher
- Researched and identified public policies and strategies to promote physical activity and nutrition to incorporate them into the multiple studies authored by Epiandes members.
- Participated in the elaboration of the report on physical activity of Colombia children and youth, presented at the Global Summit on the Physical Activity of Children in Canada in 2014 and in Thailand in 2016.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL PROTECTION – REPUBLIC OF COLOMBIA
Legal Consultant for the Director of Medicines and Health Technologies
- Formulated and reviewed public policy documents as member of the technical working group of the National Commission on Pricing of Medicines and Medical Devices.
- Developed technical guidelines of the policy of price regulation of drugs in Colombia.
- Participated in the project to develop mobile web applications with information of drug prices in the market and drugs regulated by the Ministry of Health and Social Protection.
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES ALBERTO LLERAS CAMARGO SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT
Research Assistant for the MPH Program Director
- Compiled and processed legal documents in a descriptive study of tutelas as an element to access health services, a project conducted for the Ministry of Health and Social Protection.
- Collaborated in the study of health system reforms in 2013, comparing and analyzing different bills presented at the Colombian Congress.
CONSTITUTIONAL COURT OF COLOMBIA
Ad Honorem Assistant for the Judgment T-760/08 Follow-Up Panel
- Collected and processed data from the interventions of constitutional experts convened to provide information to the Constitutional Court on the twenty second order of the Judgment T-760 of 2008.