The Department of Anthropology seeks applications for a College Fellow in the Archaeology of Inequality, with a preference for students working on Environmental or Forensic / Bioarchaeology. The appointment is expected to begin on August 1, 2020. The College Fellow will have teaching responsibilities, with 25 percent of the appointment reserved for the Fellow’s own research. Teaching duties will include one course on some aspect of the archaeology of inequality, a methodological course, and one other course to be determined by the interests of the Fellow in conjunction with departmental needs. The Fellow may also advise and evaluate senior theses.
The appointment is for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second year, contingent on performance, position availability, curricular need, and divisional dean authorization. Please apply here.Basic Qualifications: Doctorate or terminal degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or a related discipline required by the expected start date and must have been received no earlier than 2016.
Additional Qualifications: Demonstrated strong commitment to teaching is desirable.
Please submit the following materials through the application portal by March 15, 2020:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching statement (describing teaching approach and philosophy, and identifying 2-3 courses you would like to teach)
- Teaching materials, including representative course syllabi and evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. teaching awards and evaluations)
- Research statement
- Statement describing efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging, including past, current, and anticipated future contributions in these areas
- Names and contact information of three referees, who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once you have submitted your application
- Applicable only for those candidates who have not yet received the PhD: A letter from your advisor confirming that you will receive your PhD by the expected start date
Special Instructions: Detailed requirements, position information, and a link to the online application are available at https://facultyresources.fas.harvard.edu/college-fellows-program. Complete applications, including letters of reference, must be submitted no later than March 15, 2020.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply here.