- I am a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard University (Harvard Medical School & BWH), working on medical natural language processing.
- I graduated with a Ph.D. degree (computer science) from Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). My Ph.D. supervisor is professor Yue Zhang.
- My research interests are mainly focused on natural language processing (NLP) with machine learning approaches (especially deep learning models), as well as artificial intelligence (AI) in medicine and healthcare. Here is my detailed CV.
- I love badminton and swimming (Silver medal in Men's 100 metres freestyle at Chongqing University!). I am in twitter.
Education and Experience
- 2018-present: Harvard University (Harvard Medical School & BWH). Postdoc Fellow in medical NLP.
- 2014-2018: Singapore University of Technology and Design. Ph.D. in Computer Science (NLP, deep learning).
- 2018-2018: University of Oxford. Visiting Ph.D. student (NLP for finance).
- 2011-2014: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Master in Microelectronics.
- 2008-2011: Chongqing University. Bachelor in Physics (double degree).
- 2007-2011: Chongqing University. Bachelor in Electronics, honour class.
- 2019-Nov: Glad to be selected as the Scientific Program Committee (SPC) at AMIA Annual Symposium 2020!
- 2019-Mar: Our journal paper "From Gensis to Creole language: Transfer Learning for Singlish Universal Dependencies Parsing and POS Tagging" is accepted by TALLIP.
- 2019-Feb: Our short paper "Subword Encoding in Lattice LSTM for Chinese Word Segmentation" is accepted by NAACL 2019.
- 2018-Dec: I have joined Harvard University (medical school) as a Postdoc fellow, working on medical NLP.
- 2018-Oct: Glad to receive the ISTD Best Dissertation Award!
- 2018-Sep: I graduate! Pic
- 2018-Sep: Glad to be ranked as Top 3 Python GitHub developers in Singapore by git-awards.
- 2018-Aug: Honored to be recognized as the Outstanding Reviewer at ACL 2018 and COLING 2018.
- 2018-Jul: Our YEDDA system has won the Best Demonstration Paper Nomination in ACL 2018.
- 2018-Jun: Our paper "Design Challenges and Misconceptions in Neural Sequence Labeling" receives COLING 2018 Best Paper Award!
- 2018-May: One paper has been accepted by COLING 2018.
- 2018-May: Three papers have been accepted by ACL 2018 (1 long + 2 demo; all first/co-first author), see you at Melbourne!
- 2018-Apr: I am going to visit the University of Oxford in May. Excited!