- I am a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard University (Harvard Medical School & BWH). I got my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). I was a visiting student at University of Oxford .
- My research interests are mainly focused on natural language processing (NLP) with machine learning approaches (especially deep learning), as well as application of artificial intelligence (AI) in healthcare. I served as the program committee of top-tier conferences: ACL/AAAI/IJCAI/EMNLP/NAACL/AMIA/ICML/ICLR, I was selected as ACL 2018 outstanding reviewer, COLING 2018 outstanding reviewer, AMIA 2020 annual symposium SPC. I won the COLING Best Paper Award at 2018, ACL Best demo Paper Award Nomination at 2018, and ISTD Best Dissertation Award.
- I developed and open-sourced several popular NLP tools: NCRF++ and YEDDA, which attracted more than 3000 stars in GitHub.
- I love badminton and swimming (Silver medal in Men's 100 metres freestyle at Chongqing University). I am on twitter
- Here is my CV, and my personal website.
Education and Experience
- 2018-present: Harvard University (Harvard Medical School & BWH). Postdoc Fellow in medical NLP.
- 2014-2018: Singapore University of Technology and Design. Ph.D. in Computer Science (NLP, deep learning).
- 2018-2018: University of Oxford. Visiting Ph.D. student (NLP for finance).
- 2011-2014: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Master in Microelectronics.
- 2008-2011: Chongqing University. Bachelor in Physics (double degree).
- 2007-2011: Chongqing University. Bachelor in Electronics, honour class.
- 2019-Nov: Glad to be selected as the Scientific Program Committee (SPC) at AMIA Annual Symposium 2020!
- 2019-Mar: Our journal paper "From Gensis to Creole language: Transfer Learning for Singlish Universal Dependencies Parsing and POS Tagging" is accepted by TALLIP.
- 2019-Feb: Our short paper "Subword Encoding in Lattice LSTM for Chinese Word Segmentation" is accepted by NAACL 2019.
- 2018-Dec: I have joined Harvard University (medical school) as a Postdoc fellow, working on medical NLP.
- 2018-Oct: Glad to receive the ISTD Best Dissertation Award!
- 2018-Sep: I graduate! Pic
- 2018-Sep: Glad to be ranked as Top 3 Python GitHub developers in Singapore by git-awards.
- 2018-Aug: Honored to be recognized as the Outstanding Reviewer at ACL 2018 and COLING 2018.
- 2018-Jul: Our YEDDA system has won the Best Demonstration Paper Nomination in ACL 2018.
- 2018-Jun: Our paper "Design Challenges and Misconceptions in Neural Sequence Labeling" receives COLING 2018 Best Paper Award!
- 2018-May: One paper has been accepted by COLING 2018.
- 2018-May: Three papers have been accepted by ACL 2018 (1 long + 2 demo; all first/co-first author), see you at Melbourne!
- 2018-Apr: I am going to visit the University of Oxford in May. Excited!