1. Jordan, J.J. & Rand, D.G. (2019). Are you ‘virtue signaling’?. The New York Times. URL
2. Jordan, J.J., Sommers, R., & Rand, D.G. (2017). The real problem with hypocrisy. The New York Times. URL
3. Jordan, J.J. & Rand, D.G. (2016). The science behind Hillary Clinton’s problems with trust. The Conversation. URL
4. Jordan, J.J., Bloom, P., Hoffman, M., & Rand, D.G. (2016). What’s the point of moral outrage? The New York Times. URL
5. Jordan, J.J. (2016). Evolution of moral outrage: I’ll punish your behavior to make me look good. The Conversation. URL
6. Jordan, J.J. & Rand D.G. (2013). Altruism starts paying it forward. Wired UK “The World in 2014” Special Edition. PDF
Radio Times: “How dare you!” – on political outrage
Very Bad Wizards: The gimp exception (podcast discussion of hypocrisy research, starting at minute 30)
The Guardian: Why do people hate hypocrites?
Innovation Hub (interview on Boston Public Radio): Why we condemn
Bloomberg: Look how outraged I am!
The Atlantic: The evolution of shaming
Wall Street Journal: Even children get more outraged at ‘them’ than ‘us’
New York Magazine (includes video clip): From a young age, kids punish ‘them’ more harshly than ‘us’
Harvard Gazette: Fighting unfairness