I am a Ph.D. candidate at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, researcher at the Centro de Estudios sobre Seguridad y Drogas (CESED) in Universidad de los Andes, graduate student affiliate at the Institute for Quantitative Social Science, NAEd/Spencer Dissertation Fellow (2022-2024), former Science and Innovation Fellow at the Center on the Developing Child (2020-2021), former Knowledge Fellow at the Early Childhood Action Network (ECDAN; 2020-2021), member of the Scientific Advisory Committee for The Lancet Commission on Gender-Based Violence and Maltreatment of Young People, and co-director of the NGO Apapacho.
My research focuses on early childhood development and parenting in global contexts, the effects of corporal punishment and other forms of violence on children's neural, cognitive, and socioemotional development, and the development and evaluation of violence prevention programs and policies. I hold an Ed.M in Human Development & Psychology from Harvard University, M.Sc. in Economics from Universidad de los Andes, and a B.Sc in Economics from Universidad Jorge Tadeo Lozano.
- The Apapacho Violence Prevention Parenting Program: Conceptual Foundations and Pathways to Scale
- Corporal Punishment and Child Development in Low- and- Middle-Income Countries: Progress, Challenges, and Directions
- Estimates of a multidimensional index of nurturing care in the next 1000 days of life for children in low-income and middle-income countries: a modelling study
- Changes in Children's Behavioral Health and Family Well-Being During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The effect of spanking on early social-emotional skills
- Measuring and forecasting progress in education: what about early childhood?
- Aquí mi granito de arena para el debate de reforma a la salud ¿Perdidos en la traducción? Por un diálogo incluyente sobre el sistema de salud | EL ESPECTADOR t.co/Tn6H1OAdww
- 📢 Last days to apply to GDLab! Boost your research through GDLab, an initiative that funds high quality evidence generation on gender-based violence against women, children, and adolescents in LAC ➡️ Join the new call and share with your network! t.co/MWtLz4JIg1 t.co/3S0cmzoXm2
- Excellent summary of learning and economic losses in LAC due to COVID related closure of preschools @florlopezboo @C______V @jcuartas2 @DanaCMcCoy and #jerebehrman t.co/lIAaJR5KtS