Please consider these requirements when asking Manja Klemenčič for a letter of recommendation:
1. You can ask for a letter of recommendation if you have taken SOCIOL1104, SOCIOL1130 or GENED1039 which are research-intensive courses with capped enrollements. Since you conduct an independent research project in addition to co-teaching assignments and other assignments, the instructor has enough material to write a comprehensive letter. Obviously, there is even have more material if you have taken both of these courses or two (or more :) of any of Manja's courses.
2. You need to contact Manja at least two weeks before the deadline and send her all documents you are submitting with the application (essay or cover letter and CV). You also need to send hera copy of the research paper you have completed in her course. You don't need to meet Manja in office hours to ask her for a letter of recommendation. You can do this by email.
3. Given the amount of requests for letters of recommendation, Manja is no longer able to support more than maximum 5 applications per student per an academic year (1 July - 30 June).
4. If you are asking for more than one letter of recommendation in one period, please send Manja a list with all the deadlines in one message.
5. Manja is willing to store a letter of recommendation with your House or Interfolio or other online service for future use.
6. Please note that the longer you wait with a request for a letter of recommendation after the end of the course, the less "personalised" such letter will be. Manja will no longer be able to recall the small details - small instances that happened in course which she can insert into the letter to make it more personalised. A year after you took her course, she relies soley on your submitted assignments and her and her TF's notes on the assignments.
7. If your final grade was B+ or lower, please don't ask for a letter of recommendation since she is not able to write a very strong letter of recommendation.
7. It is your responsibility to keep track of the deadlines. Please send Manja a reminder in case she has confirmed she can submit a letter but have not done so five days before the deadline.
8. You are expected to inform Manja of the outcome of your application and your decision after the end of the application season.