Dr. Marios Mattheakis (Matthaiakis) is currently a Postdoctoral Fellow in Prof. Kaxiras group at Harvard university. He received his Ph.D. in physics in 2014 from the University of Crete under the supervision of Prof. G. P. Tsironis, and obtained his B.Sc and M.Sc from the same insitute in 2010 and 2012.
Marios is interested in computational and theoretical applied physics, focuses on
- Electronic properties, plasmonics and optical excitations in two-dimensional materials.
- Hamiltonian flows through random networks.
- Machine Learning and Neural Networks.
- Extreme and rare wave events.
- Surface Plasmon Polaritons.
- Plasmonic Metamaterials.