Dr. Marios Mattheakis (Matthaiakis) is currently a Postdoctoral Fellow in Prof. Kaxiras group at Harvard university. He received his Ph.D. in physics in 2014 from the University of Crete under the supervision of Prof. G. P. Tsironis, and obtained his B.Sc and M.Sc from the same insitute in 2010 and 2012.
Marios is interested in computational applied physics, focuses ιn
- Electronic properties, plasmonics and optical excitations in two-dimensional materials.
- Extreme events in wave and flow dynamics in random networks.
- Surface Plasmon Polaritons and Plasmonic Metamaterials.
- Machine & Deep Learning in spatiotemporal systems.
- Transport properties in topological insulators.