Our work has focused on two issues. First, how do we improve the valuation process for physician services under the RBRVS system. Second, what has been the impact of new payment models on quality, outcomes, and spending.
- Mulcahy AW, Wynn B, Burgette L, Mehrotra A. Medicare's step back from global payments--unbundling postoperative care. N Engl J Med. 2015;372(15):1385-7.
- Kranz AM, Mulcahy AW, Ruder T, Lovejoy S, Mehrotra A. Patterns of Postoperative Visits Among Medicare Fee-for-Service Beneficiaries. Ann Surg. 2018 Dec 21. Epub ahead of print.
- Barnett ML, Wilcock A, McWilliams JM, Epstein AM, Joynt Maddox KE, Orav EJ, Grabowski DC, Mehrotra A. Two-Year Evaluation of Mandatory Bundled Payments for Joint Replacement. N Engl J Med. 2019 Jan 17;380(3):252-262.
- Mehrotra A, Damberg CL, Sorbero ME, Teleki SS. Pay for performance in the hospital setting: what is the state of the evidence?. Am J Med Qual. 2009;24(1):19-28.
- Roberts ET, McWilliams JM, Hatfield LA, Gerovich S, Chernew ME, Gilstrap LG, Mehrotra A. Changes in Health Care Use Associated With the Introduction of Hospital Global Budgets in Maryland. JAMA Intern Med. 2018;178(2):260-268. PMCID: PMC5838791.
- Roberts ET, Hatfield LA, McWilliams JM, Chernew ME, Done N, Gerovich S, Gilstrap L, Mehrotra A. Changes In Hospital Utilization Three Years Into Maryland's Global Budget Program For Rural Hospitals. Health Aff (Millwood). 2018;37(4):644-653. PMCID: PMC5993431.