- co-PI of "OpenDP" with Salil Vadhan, Gary King, and James Homaker, funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- PI of "A proposed quantitative index to understand and evaluate the health of open source projects", funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- PI of "Understanding What Constitutes a Vibrant Open-Source Community", funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services
- PI of "Increasing Scientific Dataset Quality Through Reproducibility and Curation Tools and Targeted Services in Dataverse Repositories", funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
Other on-going Collaborations
- Collaborator on the the Cloud Dataverse project with Orran Krieger from the Mass Open Cloud at Boston University.
Past Grant funded Projects
- PI of NIH Data Commons, with co-PIs Tim Clark (Harvard Medical School; UVA) and Martin Fenner (DataCite)
- Co-PI of Helmsley Charitable Trust funded project on Publishing Structural Biology Data, with Piotrek Sliz (Harvard Medical School).
- Co-PI of the Sloan Foundation funded project on extending Dataverse for social science big data, with Gary King (Harvard)
- Co-PI of the Sloan Foundation funded project "A Bridge between Publishing Words and Publishing Data" to integrate article publication submissions with publishing data in Dataverse, with Gary King (Harvard), Tom Carsey (UNC) and Jon Crabtree (UNC).
- Co-Investigator of the NSF and Sloan funded Data Privacy Tools to share sensitive data. This project includes the integration of Dataverse with DataTags and a differential private version of Zelig, and it’s a multidisciplinary collaboration with Salil Vadhan (Harvard), Latanya Sweeney (Harvard), Gary King (Harvard), Steve Chong (Harvard), Urs Gasser (Harvard), Micah Altman (MIT), James Honaker (Harvard), Kobi Nissim (Ben-Gurion University), among others.
- Co-PI of the NSF funded project on Data Citation and Provenance, with Margo Seltzer (Harvard) and Gary King (Harvard).
- Co-Investigator of the NSF funded project CHIA, to build the World Historical-Dataverse, with Patrick Manning (University of Pittsburgh) and others.
- Co-Investigator of the NSF funded DataBridge project for sociometrics of data sets, with Arcot Rajasekar (UNC), Howard Lander (UNC), Tom Carsey (UNC), Jon Crabtree (UNC), Gary King (Harvard), among others.
Committees, Boards and Community Groups
- Avisory Board of OpenAIRE
- Advisory Board LYRASIS: It Takes a Village
- Editorial Board of Nature Scientific Data
- Steering Committee of Data-PASS
- Steering Committee of the National Data Service
- Advisory Board of the Qualitative Data Repository
- Advisory Board of Databrary (Data Library for Developmental Sciences)
- Advisory Board of Force11
- Advisory Board of Authorea
- Advisory Board of BARI
- DataCite Services and Technology Steering Group
- Co-Chair of Data Citation Implementation group at Force11.
- Member of BioCaddie Community Engagement Working group.
- Member of Seamless Astronomy.
- Advisory Board of CRADLE (Curating Research Assets and Data using LifeCycle Education).
- Member of RDA Data Publishing group.