Things don't always go as planned. The tricks to enjoying a fulfilling life are to go with the flow, and appreciate the happy accidents.
Perfect is boring anyway. Stay interesting. Stay unique.#SundayPancakes #ChannelingBobRoss
I try to live each day with a clarity of mind and purpose, with humility and gratitude for the gifts in my life. While it may not always be possible to have a day as perfect as I define it, I still try to achieve a certain state of serenity, so that I may sleep peacefully at night, and try it all over again the next day.
Murphy watches as the rain continues to fall in the backyard, making the large, green leaves of the ginger plants quiver, shimmer and dance. Daddy’s shirt, though loosely draped over him, gives Murphy some comfort and security. He seems a bit relieved that the thunder stopped, but apprehensive it would start up again at any moment.
#DogHatesThunder #IndependenceDay #DogHatesFireworksToo
Since I've Been Gone...
A lot has happened in a year. Such is life, I suppose, when you are busy living it instead of writing about it. Here are some highlights, in thoughtfully randomized order.
- Dodged the destructive force of Hurricane Harvey
- Celebrated the Astros winning the World Series
- Received a very special and unexpected gift
- Lost something I neither wanted nor needed
- Had to drop a wonderful and challenging class
- Got a better-than-expected grade in a course
- Several of my friends graduated from Harvard
- Changed investment management companies
Put some money away; spent some just for fun
- Quietly lip-synched during Hamilton on Broadway
- Swallowed my tears watching Jagged Little Pill
- Laughed at jokes and funny guys at Comedy Cellar
- Enjoyed after-midnight pizza around the corner
- Revisited dear old friends, Patience and Fortitude
- Mourned the passing of creative, tortured souls
- Switched minor from Math to Computer Science
- Met a U. S. Senator who told me to stay strong
- Saw a brighter and more focused life ahead of me
We are halfway through 2018. I have nothing deep or significant to share, really. My muse is still out on an extended holiday. Perhaps she will return soon enough, and it won't be another year until my next post.