Elections for the Harvard Extension Student Association (HESA) - representing Harvard Extension School students regardless of program and location - will take place online in April. The call for nominations for all elected positions will open this Saturday, April 1, at 9:00 am (EDT) here (the link will not work until then).
The HESA constitution, including general descriptions of each role, is available online here.
We encourage you to consider running if you are a degree candidate, or premedical student, in good academic standing. The position of President requires candidates who will be in the Greater Boston area during the academic year 2017-18, but all other positions are for distance students as well as on-campus students. The nomination period for HESA President and Vice President ends on Sunday, April 9th at 11:59 pm. The nomination period for HESA Directors will remain open until Thursday, April 20 at noon. Once candidates have been confirmed as degree candidates in good academic standing, the elections committee will be in touch to go over campaign and election details. Please do not advertise your candidacy until we have been in touch.
When submitting your nomination, you will be asked to submit a Statement of Purpose (no more than 300 words), along with a headshot (minimum 400 x 400 px) and a link to a 1-2 minute video introducing yourself, and outlining your reasons for running and what you hope to accomplish in your term on the HESA board. You should prepare these before completing the nomination form.
The full schedule for the 2017 HESA Election is as follows: (all times EDT)
- Saturday, 4/1 at 9:00 am: Call for Nominations opens
- Monday, 4/3 - Friday, 4/7: Election Webinar series with current board members (full webinar schedule below)
- Sunday, 4/9 at 11:59 pm: Call for Nominations closes for President and Vice-President
- Wednesday, 4/12 at noon: Presidential & Vice-Presidential Election opens
- Tuesday, 4/18 at noon: Presidential & Vice-Presidential Election closes
- Wednesday, 4/19: President & Vice-President announced
- Thursday, 4/20 at noon: Call for Nominations closes for Director positions; Deadline for unsuccessful Presidential & Vice-Presidential candidates to submit materials for a Director position
- Friday, 4/21 at noon: Director Election opens
- Sunday, 4/30 at noon: Director Election closes
- Monday, 5/1: HESA Directors announced
- Thursday, 6/1: New HESA administration opens its year
Roles Open for Nominations:
- Director of Club Affairs
- Director of Communications
- Director of Events
- Director of Finance
- Director of Outreach
- Director of Student Affairs
- Director of Website Development
HESA Election Webinar series
(all on HESA's Zoom channel):
To contact the HESA Elections Committee with any questions, contact Ian Jackson in the Student Clubs & Activities Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (617) 998-8514.
The full link to complete your nomination, opening April 1, is here: https://harvard.az1.qualtrics.com.