Rachel has been profiled by international newspapers, TV programs, and magazines for cross-cultural perspectives, global careers, youth leadership and service, as well as beauty, fashion, travel and lifestyle.
To date, she has been featured in interviews across Singapore, China, the U.S., South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Japan, and Taiwan.
Front Page News Headline on The Japan News
Documentary feature film with Rachel Leng for Homeward Bound Episode 9《我家在这里》. October 2015. Mediacorp Channel U.
- Currently residing in Korea, Miss Singapore finalist Rachel Leng has lived in various countries since she was 6, but no matter where she is, she proudly introduces herself as Singaporean. She decides to give her brother a surprise visit back home before he leaves for his studies overseas. [Watch on Toggle]
Interview with Rachel Leng for Home Away from Home 《异乡，驿客》 August 2015. Mediacorp Channel U.
- Through Singapore artistes and Singaporeans living in the different countries, the programme brings out the cultural differences between Singapore and their residing countries. It’s an “overseas survival and integration kit” and by observing the basic necessities of the locals, we will have a better understanding of their living habits and taboos.
《しながわのチカラ》 November 2017. 品川区公式チャンネル しながわネットTV (Shinagawa Cable TV).
- 艶やかに彩る！華のおいらん道中品川の伝統と文化遺産を伝える『しながわ宿場まつり』。 その初日を飾るのが『おいらん道中』。花魁(おいらん)に扮した女性たちが旧東海道を艶やかに彩る。
- Documentary short on the Oiran Dochu parade at the 2017 Shinagawa Shukuba Festival featuring Rachel Leng as the first foreigner and festival star. Aired on local Japanese cable TV.
- Promotional Video for the Overseas Singaporean Unit and Singapore Associations in Japan (SAIJ and SSAJ) featuring Singaporeans living and working in Tokyo, Japan.
- Watch on Youtube:
The Straits Times (Jan 4, 2018). "Home Truly: The place that nurtured me for abroad." [PDF]
Mothership (Oct 17, 2017) "S’porean Harvard scholar & equity fund associate takes to Tokyo streets as Japan’s 1st foreign oiran" [PDF]
The Japan News ジャパン・ニュース【by Yomiuri Shimbun 読売新聞】(Sept 24, 2017). "Singaporean becomes 1st foreign oiran festival star." [Web PDF] || [Newspaper PDF]
- Featured as front page headline, #1 most read newspaper in Japan
- Featured on Yomiuri_News SNS
- Republished on Asia News Network (ANN) (Oct 9, 2017) [PDF]
- Republished on AsiaOne News (Oct 16, 2017) [PDF]
- Japanese Translation
Sankei News 産経新聞 (Sept 24, 2017). 「外国人おいらん登場 しながわ宿場まつり」"Foreigner Oiran Debuts, Shinagawa Shukuba Festival." [Web PDF] || [Newspaper PDF] || [Screenshot Image]
That's Shenzhen. (July 18, 2016). “The New Silk Road: Entrepreneurship and Innovation in China" [as PDF]
The China Post. (Aug 15, 2015). "Learning firsthand about Taiwan: History, Urban Space and Society " [Web PDF] || [Newspaper PDF]
[Other Interview Features]
FESO Asia (Nov 28, 2018). "How Rachel Leng Overcame Cultural Shocks and Strived Towards Success." [PDF]
DukeEngage. (July 12, 2018 by Hesper Linger). "Rachel Leng (’13) Continues to Champion Cross-Cultural Communication." [PDF]
Featured by the Overseas Singaporean Unit in the Prime Minister's Office as part of the Singapore government's efforts to engage its citizens overseas (under the Ministry of Culture, Community, and Youth). (07 Mar 2018) "Giving Back Through Mentorship." [PDF]
Maction Planet. (Oct 12, 2017). "Mac on Tokyo: Rachel Leng on her Oiran Transformation." [as PDF]
K-Move Mentoring || K-Move 멘토링. (Dec 31, 2016). "[Rachel Leng 멘토] 여러분이 세계를 선도하는 글로벌 인재가 될 수 있도록 돕고 싶어요." [as PDF]
Photo Gallery on PrisChew.com
[Miss Singapore 2013 and Other Profiles]
Official Finalist Profile with "Beautiful Singapore" - Miss World Singapore home page [as PDF]
Yahoo! SG slideshow for Miss World Singapore 2013 finalists