I have over 10 years of experience working with individuals and organizations around the world as an education consultant, career advisor and business mentor.
Education and Career Consulting
Rachel actively works with students and young professionals on leadership, liberal arts education, international perspectives, and global careers as an education consultant and career mentor. Many of her students and mentees have successfully pursued tertiary education at top-tier universities and/or secured highly competitive jobs (including at Fortune 500 companies).
As the youngest advisor recruited by the South Korean government for the K-Move project supporting Koreans achieve overseas employment, Rachel was commemorated by the Human Resources Development Service of Korea for her service as Best Mentor of the Year in 2017.
Business Mentorship and Advisory
Rachel serves as Business Mentor and Advisory Board Member for various organizations working with entrepreneurs and startups, with concentration on cross-border projects, business development, and market entry strategies.
As multilingual executive of SeiRogai, Inc., Rachel advises investors and companies on business strategies in Japan, and is also experienced supporting Japanese companies in their overseas expansion.
Featured by the Overseas Singaporean Unit in the Prime Minister's Office as part of the Singapore government's efforts to engage its citizens overseas (under the Ministry of Culture, Community, and Youth). (07 Mar 2018) "Giving Back Through Mentorship." [PDF]
- DukeEngage in China (Beijing, China): Fellowship recipient; designed and taught classes at Dandelion School - 蒲公英中学 to provide migrant children with arts education and English lessons, creating an active and positive learning environment with a focus on creativity, leadership development, self-discovery, and personal growth.
- Ignite Academy (Guangzhou, China): Seminar Leader and Expert Speaker on women in business and leadership.
- Three Guineas Academy (Beijing and Shanghai, China): Advisor with feminist education consulting NPO, work with students applying to U.S. universities. Track record of students getting accepted to many Top U.S. Universities, including Columbia, Harvard, Duke, Cornell, UCLA, and Brown Universities.
- Komatsu Summer School (Komatsu and Tokyo, Japan): Speaker and Mentor on liberal arts education and international exposure working with high school students in rural Japan.
- HLAB (Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan): Speaker and Mentor to Japanese students on liberal arts education, career, and life goals.
- Harvard Club of Japan (Tokyo, Japan): Award Presenter and Speaker on global education opportunities for the Harvard Prize Book at annual awards ceremony. Co-Director of Events for the Harvard Club of Japan.
- Startupbootcamp Scale Osaka: Mentor to high-growth mature startups to accelerate their market entry into the world’s 3rd largest economy under the broad theme of “Smart Cities & Living” in Osaka City.
- K-Move (Seoul and Busan, South Korea): Youngest Advisor recruited for mentorship program organized by the South Korean government's Human Resources Development Service working with young Koreans looking for overseas employment opportunities.
- The Duke Association for Business Oriented Women (Durham, North Carolina and International): Alumni Ambassador and Mentor with Duke BOW, empowering business oriented women by promoting industry education, experience and exchange.
- Harvard Office of Career Services, OCS Firsthand Advisors (Cambridge, Massachusets and International): Education and Career Advisor to Harvard University students and young professionals.
- Bangladesh: Mentor to students at the Asian University of Women (AUW).
- Israel: Serve on the advisory board for Israeli Healthcare and MedTech startup companies.