2015 - Postdoctoral Fellow, Condensed matter theory group, Department of Physics
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
2013-15 Junior Researcher, Correlated quantum systems group
Russian Quantum Center, Moscow, Russia
2012-13 Visiting Scientist, Condensed matter theory group
Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany
2014 Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics
Prokhorov General Physics Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Thesis: "Single molecule manipulation on solid state surfaces”.
Advisor: Prof. Sergei G. Tikhodeev
2010 Specialist degree (Hons) in Physics
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
Diploma thesis: "Fidelity decay and energy diffusion in driven quantum chaotic system".
Undergraduate project: “Theory of driven chaotic systems”.
Advisor: Dr. Pavel V. Elyutin
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Mathematical Modeling: Strongly correlated quantum systems, non-equilibrium dynamics, chaotic behavior.
- Complex Systems: Ultracold quantum gases, correlated photonic elements, solid state systems
- Data Analysis: Real time and Fourier domain, statistical analysis.
Proficient in Python, Mathematica, C, Matlab.
Expert user of variational approach techniques, experienced in optimization problems with constraints.
- Author of 18 peer-reviewed publications, including 8 as first author.
- Presentations include 26 conference presentations, and 24 invited talks.
- Fluent in English and Russian.
Critical and Analytical Skills
Referee for Phys. Rev. Lett., Phys. Rev. B, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Condensed Matter Physics, Quantum.
- Co-organizer of the 5th Annual Harvard Physics Department Research Scholar Retreat. Shared responsibilities for selection of speakers, planning of event, and moderation of the event (2017).
- Teaching Assistant for 2 courses (Led practical seminars, tutored projects, graded examinations). Sections of 15-20 students.
- Scientific co-advisor of a Master’s thesis at Moscow State University.
- Advised, tutored, and mentored 5 students.
- Helped recruit prospective postdoctoral and graduate researchers and establish scientific collaborations with foreign scientists, Russian Quantum Center, Moscow, Russia (2013-15).
- Manager of one MIT graduate student project at Harvard.
- Onboarding and shepherding projects with foreign scientists collaborating with the group at Harvard.
- Member of 9 scientific teams, working with research colleagues, faculty, students, and staff at Harvard University, MIT, UBC, JILA, Stanford, CUNY, Bar Ilan University, Max Plank Institute of Quantum Optics, and the Russian Quantum Center.
- Member of the 17-person scientific committee selecting speakers for the “Young Atom Opticians” Conference 2017 in Paris, France.
- Member of the Harvard Physics Research Scholar Advisory Committee, involving 10 postdocs. Co- planned rotating panels and workshops for scholar development.
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Dynasty Foundation Award for graduate students and young researchers in theoretical physics (2014, 2015)
- RQC Distinguished Fellowship in Quantum Optics and Quantum Technology (06/2014 - 08/2015)
- Scholarship of Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems (12/2012 - 03/2013)
- Gold medal for excellence in studies at Lomonosov Moscow State University (2010)
- Diploma thesis award, Department of Quantum Electronics, Lomonosov Moscow State University (2010)
- Khokhlov fellowship for excellence in studies at Lomonosov Moscow State University (2008, 2009)
- Graduated high-school with a silver medal for excellence in studies (2004)