- Jung EH, Sarpatwari A, Kesselheim AS, Sinha MS. FDA and EMA Biosimilar Approvals. J Gen Intern Med. 2019 Dec 5. 2019 Dec;94(12):2437-2443.
- Hwang TJ, Sinha MS, Dave CV, Kesselheim AS. Prescription Opioid Epidemic and Trends in the Clinical Development of New Pain Medications. Mayo Clin Proc.
- Kesselheim AS, Sinha MS, Campbell EG, Schneeweiss S, Rausch P, Lappin BM, Zhou EH, Avorn J, Dal Pan GJ. Multimodal Analysis of FDA Drug Safety Communications: Lessons from Zolpidem. Drug Saf. 2019 Nov;42(11):1287-1295.
- Kesselheim AS, Sinha MS, Rausch P, Lu Z, Tessema FA, Lappin BM, Zhou EH, Dal Pan GJ, Zwanziger L, Ramanadham A, Enger C, Avorn J, Campbell EG. Patients’ Knowledge of Key Messaging in Drug Safety Communications for Zolpidem and Eszopiclone: A National Survey. J Law Med Ethics. 2019 Sep;47(3):430-44
- Sinha MS, Najafzadeh M, Rajasingh EK, Love J, Kesselheim AS. Labeling Changes and Costs for Clinical Trials Performed under the US Food and Drug Administration Pediatric Exclusivity Extension, 2007 to 2012. JAMA Intern Med. 2018 Nov 1;178(11):1458-146.
- Sinha MS, Freifeld CC, Brownstein JS, Donneyong M, Rausch P, Lappin BM, Zhou EH, Dal Pan GJ, Pawar AM, Hwang TJ, Avorn J, Kesselheim AS. Uptake of FDA Drug Safety Communication Messages about Zolpidem in Social Media. JMIR Public Health Surveill 2018; 4(1):e1.
- Kesselheim AS, Sinha MS, Avorn J. Determinants of Market Exclusivity for Prescription Drugs in the United States. JAMA Internal Medicine. 2017 Nov 1;177(11):1658-166
- Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS.Regulatory Incentives for Antibiotic Drug Development: A Review of Recent Proposals. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry. 2016 Dec 15; 24(24): 6446-6451.
- Kesselheim AS, Sinha MS, Joffe S. Physicians and Insider Trading. JAMA Internal Medicine. 2015 Dec 1; 175(12):1955-9.
- Illingworth KD, Shaha SH, Tzeng TH, Sinha MS, Saleh KJ. The Impact of Tort Reform and Quality Improvements on Medical Liability Claims: A Tale of 2 States. American Journal of Medical Quality. 2015; 30(3):263-270.
Other peer-reviewed publications
- Silver JK, Sinha MS. Commentary: Sexual Harassment in Medicine: Toward Legal Clarity and Institutional Accountability. EClinicalMedicine 2019; 7:3-4.
- Silver JK, Rowe M, Sinha MS, Molinares DM, Spector ND, Mukherjee D. Ethical Legal Feature: Micro-inequities in Medicine. PM R. 2018 Oct;10(10):1106-11
- Sinha MS, Curfman GD, Carrier MA. Viewpoint: Antitrust, Market Exclusivity, and Transparency in the Pharmaceutical Industry. JAMA. 2018 Jun 12;319(22):2271-2272.
- Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS. Editorial: The Next Forum for Unraveling FDA Off-Label Marketing Rules: State and Federal Legislatures. PLoS Med. 2018 May 8;15(5):e1002564.
- Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS, Darrow JJ. Editorial: Pharmaceutical Advertising in Medical Journals: Revisiting an Old Relationship. Chest. 2018 Jan;153(1):9-11.
- Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS. Commentary: The Effects of the Sunshine Act: What Can and Should We Expect? American Journal of Bioethics. 2017 Jun;17(6):22-24.
- Parmet WE, Sinha MS. A Panic Foretold: Ebola in the United States. Critical Public Health. 2017;27(1):148-155.
- Ryan M, Mekel M, Sinha MS. 2016, updated 2017. Disclosure of Errors in Surgical Procedures. UpToDate.com.
- Ryan M, Sinha MS. 2011, updated 2019. Informed Procedural Consent. UpToDate.com.
- Sinha MS. Commentary: Rousseau at the Roundtable – The Social Contract and the Physician’s Responsibility to Society. Virtual Mentor. 2011 Oct 1;13(10):703-706.
- Tessema FA, Kesselheim AS, Sinha MS. Generic But Expensive: Why Prices Can Remain High for Off-Patent Drugs. Hastings Law Journal (accepted, forthcoming spring 2020)
- Kesselheim AS, Sinha MS, Avorn J, Sarpatwari A. Pharmaceutical Policy in the United States in 2019: An Overview of the Landscape and Avenues for Improvement. Stanford Law & Policy Journal. 2019; 30(2): 421-480.
- Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS. Health Policy Portal: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and the Pharmaceutical Industry. J Law Med Ethics. 2018 Sep;46(3):806-808.
- Darrow JJ, Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS. When Markets Fail: Patents and Infectious Disease Products. Food & Drug Law Journal. 2018;73(3):361- 382.
- Sinha MS, Jain N, Hwang TJ, Kesselheim AS. Expansion of the Priority Review Voucher Program under the 21st Century Cures Act: Implications for Innovation and Public Health. American Journal of Law & Medicine. 2018 May;44(2-3):329-341.
- Sarpatwari A, Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS. The Opioid Epidemic: Fixing a Broken Pharmaceutical Market. Harvard Law and Policy Review. 2017;11(2):463-484.
- Sinha MS, Parmet WE. The Perils of Panic Ebola, HIV, and the Intersection of Global Health and Law. American Journal of Law & Medicine. 2016;42(2-3):223-255.
- Sinha MS. Barking Up the Wrong Tree: The FDA's Misguided Attempt to Waive Informed Consent in Public Health Emergencies. Journal of Legal Medicine. 2007; 28(3):397-417.
Reviews, Chapters, Monographs, and Editorials
- Silverman RD, Sinha MS. Chapter 28 - Mental Health Issues (2011 Supplement). Illinois Practice Series, Vols. 21 & 22: The Law of Medical Practice in Illinois. Kane RJ, Silverman RD, Singer LE, Eds.
- Gribble GW, et al. Novel Indole Chemistry in the Synthesis of Heterocycles. Current Organic Chemistry. 2005;9(15):1493-1519.
Op-Eds and Blogs
- Title S, Sinha MS. Opinion: Vaping bans like Massachusetts’ will not stop illness outbreak. The Philadelphia Inquirer. October 7, 2019.
- Silver JK, Sinha MS. Overwhelming Support for Gender Equity at the AMA. Doximity op-(m)ed. June 14, 2018.
- Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS. The Future of American Science and Medicine. The Spoke (blog of the Albright Institute Faculty Scholar Initiative, Wellesley College). July 25, 2017.
- Sarpatwari A, Sinha MS. The Current 21st Century Cures Legislation Is Still A Bad Deal For Patients. Health Affairs Blog. November 30, 2016.
- Sinha MS, Graham DR. September 23, 2009. H1N1 Questions and Answers. Springfield State Journal-Register, BeHealthySpringfield.com, and Sangamon Medical News.
- Sarpatwari A, Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS. June 2017-Present. PORTAL Literature Scan: Monthly Round-Up of What to Read on Pharma Law and Policy.
- Sinha MS. 2010. The Massachusetts Health Insurance Program. Sangamon Medical News.
- Sinha MS. 2006 – 2007. Student Contributor. Vol. 15, No. 5 – Vol. 16, No. 3. Legal Medicine Perspectives (American College of Legal Medicine).
- Basanta WE, Roszak A, Sinha MS. 2006 – 2007. All the Latest Developments in Health Care Law. Vol. 23, No. 1 – Vol. 24, No. Health Care Lawyer (Illinois State Bar Association).
- Sinha MS. Standards for Future Opioid Analgesic Approvals and Incentives for New Therapeutics to Treat Pain and Addiction; Public Hearing. November 18, 2019.
- Sinha MS. FDA Solicits Input on Potential Role for Abuse-Deterrent Formulations of Central Nervous System Stimulants; Establishment of a Public Docket; Request for Comments. November 18, 2019.
- Sinha MS. Comments on Public Meeting: Responsible Innovation in Dietary Supplements. July 17, 2019.
- Public Health Law Watch. Comments on regulatory provisions: ‘Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds’ (USCIS-2010-0012). December 7, 2018.
- Public Health Law Watch. A Response to "Unintended Consequences: Medicaid and the Opioid Crisis." February 14, 2018.
- Sarpatwari A, Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS. Comments on public meeting: ‘Administering the Hatch-Waxman Amendments: Ensuring a Balance Between Innovation and Access’ (FDA-2017-N-3615-0053). Nov 10, 2017.
- Sinha MS, Kesselheim AS. Comments on public workshop: ‘Generic Drug User Fee Amendment of 2012’ (FDA-2013-N-0402-0029). Jun 2, 2017.
- Vohra SS, Sinha MS, Basanta WE, Dzara K. Professional Responsibility Day: SIU’s Educational Initiative that Bridges the Divide between Medical and Law Students. Presented at the Association of American Medical Colleges Annual Meeting, Student Programming Showcase, November 2010, Washington, DC.
- Illingworth KD, Shaha SH, Tzeng TH, Sinha MS, Saleh KJ. The Impact of Tort Reform and Quality Improvements on Medical Liability Claims: A Tale of 2 States. Presented at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery Annual Meeting, March 2013, Chicago, IL.
- Sinha MS. Improving Healthcare Transitions for Releases from Boston-Area Jails. [MPH practicum project]. On file, Department of Health Policy and Management, Boston, MA: Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, 2015.
- Sinha MS. Synthesis of Novel Anti-tumor Alkaloids. [Honors undergraduate thesis]. On file, Department of Chemistry, Hanover, NH: Dartmouth College, 2003.