Grant for research
- NIH grant P30ES000002: NIEHS Center pilot project: Oct 31st, 2018- Oct 31st, 2021 Assessing DNA damage and repair capacity in airline flight crew. This project seeks to understand the mechanisms underlying excess cancer risk among flight crew due to exposure to cosmic radiation
Role:- Prinicpal Investigator
- Toprani, S.M. (2020) Individual’s DNA repair capacity and COVID-19: Let’s take one step back to understand it. International Journal of Clinical Studies and Medical Case Reports. 1(5):001.doi: 10.46998/IJCMCR.2020.01.000022
- Toprani, S. M. (2020) DNA damage and repair scenario in ameloblastoma. Oral oncology. 108:104804 DOI: 10.1016/j.oraloncology.2020.104804.
- Toprani, S.M. and Das, B. (2020) Radio-adaptive response, individual radio-sensitivity and genetic association of base excision repair gene polymorphism (hOGG1, APE1, XRCC1 and LIGASE1) in human peripheral blood mono-nuclear cells exposed to gamma radiation. Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis- doi:10.1002/em.22383, article ID EM22383
- Sun T, Yang W, Toprani, S.M, Guo W, He L, De Leo AB, Ferrone S, Zhang G, Wang E, Lin Z, Hu P, Wang X. (2020). Induction of immunogenic cell death in radiation-resistant breast cancer stem cells by repurposing anti-alcoholism drug disulfiram. Cell communication and signaling 18:36.
- Soren, D.C, Toprani, S.M, et al. (2019) Quantitation of genome damage and transcriptional profile of DNA damage response genes in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells exposed in vitro to low doses of neutron radiation. International Journal of Radiation Research. 17(1):1-14.
- Toprani, S.M. and Das, B. (2015) Radio-adaptive response of base excision repair genes and proteins in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells exposed to gamma radiation. Mutagenesis. 30: 663-76.
- Toprani, S.M. and Das, B. (2015) Role of base excision repair genes and proteins in gamma irradiated resting human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Mutagenesis. 30 (2): 247-61.
- Saini D, Shelke S, Mani Vannan A, Toprani S, Jain V, Das B, Seshadri M. (2012) Transcription profile of DNA damage response genes at G0 lymphocytes exposed to gamma radiation. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry.364(1-2):271-81.
Editorial board member of 7 journals and reviewer in renowned journals.
- “The Rape” published on 1st December 2019 on Medium (https://medium.com/@snehtoprani/the-rape-c1e76da213ef)
- “Male Menopause” published on 6th November 2018 on Medium (https://medium.com/@snehtoprani/male-menopause-db89a8c68490)
- “EGO!!! Do you need it and how much?” published on 4th September 2018 on Medium (https://medium.com/@snehtoprani/ego-do-you-need-it-and-how-much-faa9ff9f36d1)