White 427, 55 Fruit St., Boston, MA 02114. Tel: 1-617-726-6107. Fax: 1-617-726-6165. Email: liang.steven ["@"] mgh.harvard.edu
Tianjin University (1999-2003, B.Sc.); University of British Columbia (2004-2010, Ph.D., Advisor: Prof. Marco Ciufolini); Harvard University (2010-2012, NSERC Fellow, Advisor: Prof. E.J. Corey)
Professional Societies, Committee Service and Editorial Activities
American Chemical Society (2007-); Canadian Society of Chemistry (2013 - now); Society of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences (2013 - now); Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (2014 - now); Sino-American Society of Nuclear Medicine (2014 - now).
President-Elect (2019-2020), Vice President-Elect (2018 - 2019), Secretary and Board of Director (2016 - 2018), Radiopharmaceutical Sciences Council, Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI).
Editorial Board, American Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (2015 - now); Editorial Board, Molecular Imaging (2016 - now); Associate Editor, Frontiers in Chemistry, Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry (2015 - now); Editorial Board, Theranostics (2017 - now).
K. C. Wong Memorial Scholarship (2001); Taketa Scholarship (2001-2002); Chinese Government Excellent Overseas Student Award (2008); University of British Columbia Graduate Fellowship (2008); Gladys Estella Laird Research Fellowship (2008); UBC Graduate Study Travel Award (2009); ACS Division of Organic Chemistry Travel Award (2009); NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship (2010-2012); ACS Leadership Development Scholarship (2012); Drew University Medicinal Chemistry Scholarship (2013); ADDF Young Investigator Award, First Place (2013); The Dr. Michael J. Welch Foundation Travel Grant (2014); Young Investigator Award (1st Place), Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (2014); NIH Career Development Award (2014); YCC/CIBA Travel Grant (2015); NIH Early Career Award in Chemistry of Drug Abuse and Addiction (ECHEM) (2017); Best Poster Award, Molecular Targeting Probes – Radioactive & Nonradioactive Track (2nd Place), SNMMI (2017); Thieme Chemistry Journal Award (2018); ACS Academic Young Investigator Award Symposium (2018); SNMMI Future Leaders Academy (2019); Hal O'Brien Rising Star Award (2019); OKeanos-CAPA Young Investigator Award at the Chemical and Biology interface (2019).
- "Spirocyclic hypervalent iodine(III)-mediated radiofluorination of non-activated and hindered aromatics" Nat. Commun. 2014, 5, 4365.
- "A highly specific probe for sensing hydrogen sulfide in live cells based on copper-initiated fluorogen with aggregation-induced emission characteristics" Theranostics 2014, 4, 1233-8.
- "Iodonium Ylide–Mediated Radiofluorination of 18F-FPEB and Validation for Human Use" J. Nucl. Med. 2015, 56, 489-492.
- "Ortho-stabilized 18F-azido click agents and application in PET imaging of single-stranded DNA aptamers" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 12777-81.
- "18F-labeled Single-Stranded DNA Aptamer for PET Imaging of Protein Tyrosine Kinase-7 Expression" J. Nucl. Med. 2015, 56, 1780-5.
- "Difluorocarbene-derived Trifluoromethylthiolation and [18F]Trifluoromethylthiolation of Aliphatic Electrophiles" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 13236-40.
- "Enzyme-Mediated Modification of Single Domain Antibodies for Imaging Modalities with different Characteristics" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 528-33.
- "Synthesis and Preclinical Evaluation of Sulfonamido-based [11C-Carbonyl]-Carbamates and Ureas for Imaging Monoacylglycerol Lipase" Theranostics 2016, 6, 1145-59.
- "Mechanistic Studies and Radiofluorination of Structurally Diverse Pharmaceuticals with Spirocyclic Iodonium(III) Ylides" Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 4407-17.
- "Discovery of a Highly Selective Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 Inhibitor (PF-04802367) that Modulates Tau Phosphorylation in Brain: Translation for PET Neuroimaging" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 9601-5.
- "Practical Synthesis of 18F-Difluoromethylarenes from Aryl (Pseudo) Halides" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 10786-90.
- "Novel Path to Aryl(isoquinoline)iodonium(III) Salts and Synthesis of Radiofluorinated Isoquinolines" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 11882-6.
- "An unconventional mechanistic insight on SCF3 formation from difluorocarbene and application to 18F-labeled α-SCF3 carbonyl compounds" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, in press.
- "A Facile Radiolabeling of [18F]FDPA via Spirocyclic Iodonium Ylides: Preliminary PET Imaging Studies in Preclinical Models of Neuroinflammation" J. Med. Chem. 2017, 60, 5222-5227.
- "In vitro and in vivo evaluation of 11C-labeled azetidine-carboxylates for imaging monoacylglycerol lipase by PET imaging studies" J. Med. Chem., 2018, 61, 2278-2291.
- "Design, Synthesis and Evaluation of Reversible and Irreversible Monoacylglycerol Lipase Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Tracers Using a ‘Tail Switching’ Strategy on a Piperazinyl Azetidine Skeleton" J. Med. Chem., 2019, accepted.
- "Design, Synthesis and Evaluation of 18F-labeled Monoacylglycerol lipase Inhibitors as Novel Positron Emission Tomography Probes" J. Med. Chem., 2019, accepted.
- "Structural Basis for Achieving GSK-3beta Inhibition with High Potency, Selectivity and Brain Exposure for PET Imaging and Drug Discovery" J. Med. Chem., 2019, accepted.
- “Facile 18F Labeling of Non-activated Arenes via a Spirocyclic Iodonium(III) Ylide Method and its Application in the Synthesis of the mGluR5 PET Radiopharmaceutical [18F]FPEB” Nature Protocol, 2019, 14, 1530-1545.
Complete List of Published Work: http://scholar.harvard.edu/stevenliang/pubs