The funded postdoc position has now been filled.
I am currently looking to hire a full time Laboratory research coordinator, see ad below:
Laboratory research coordinator
The sensory and motor plasticity lab (PI: Ella Striem-Amit) at Georgetown University (Washington DC, USA) is looking for a full-time laboratory research coordinator starting in September 2019.
We examine the balance between innate brain organization and experience-dependent plasticity by studying people with sensory and motor deprivation (e.g., blindness, dysmelia) using behavioral and fMRI techniques. The Laboratory Research Coordinator will work on projects involving fMRI and behavioral testing of sensorimotor and visual processing, as well as perform administrative duties. The position is particularly suited for a recent graduate from a Neuroscience, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science or related undergraduate program who is seeking to work in an innovative research environment in preparation for graduate school.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Running Experiments for the lab: Recruit and interact with study participants and run experiments in the lab (behavioral, fMRI), as well as online behavioral experiments (e.g. Amazon Mechanical Turk). Administrative responsibilities associated with these experiments, including maintaining lab records, participant reimbursements, uploading and organizing data, and managing IRB documentation and reviews.
- Maintaining Infrastructure: Responsibility for purchasing and maintaining lab equipment and managing data storage, including fMRI equipment, lab computers, and lab accounts on software and storage services.
- Research Projects: Responsibility for carrying out independent research projects and assistance with the research projects of students and postdocs. These projects will involve a combination of behavior and fMRI of actions in special populations. The laboratory research coordinator will be expected to participate in all aspects of experiment design, analysis, and communication, including creating stimuli and experimental protocols, collecting and analyzing data, writing up results for publication, and presenting findings at conferences.
- Additional administrative duties: Interaction with outside vendors, maintenance of laboratory records and website, assistance with coordinating lab meetings, conference trips and visits, assistance in writing grant applications and reports.
Position duration: At least two years of commitment is required.
- BA/BS in Neuroscience, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science or related scientific field
- Experience with scientific computing (Matlab, Python, or R)
- An ability to solve technical problems independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Some prior research experience (experience with fMRI analyses an advantage)
To learn more or apply for this position, please email your CV to Ella Striem-Amit (email@example.com) with the subject line: Lab research coordinator position.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.