(See also my Google Scholar profile for links to PDF files)
- T. Miconi, J. Clune and K. O. Stanley (2018): Differentiable plasticity: training plastic networks with gradient descent. International Conference on Machine Learning, 2018
- T. Miconi, J. Clune and K. O. Stanley (2017): Backpropagated plasticity: learning to learn with gradient descent in large plastic neural networks. NIPS Workshop on Meta-learning (MetaLearn 2017).
T. Miconi (2017): Biologically plausible learning in recurrent neural networks reproduces neural dynamics observed during cognitive tasks. eLife 6:e20899
- Commentary by Guillaume Hennequin: Neural networks subtract and conquer, eLife 6:e26157.
- T. Miconi: Backpropagation of Hebbian plasticity for Continual learning. NIPS 2016 Workshop on Continual Learning and Deep Networks (selected for oral presentation).
- T. Miconi, J. McKinstry and G. Edelman (2016): Spontaneous emergence of fast attractor dynamics in a model of developing primary visual cortex. Nature Communications 13208 (2016).
- T. Miconi and R. VanRullen (2016): A feedback model of attention explains the diverse effects of attention on neural firing rates and receptive field structure. PLOS Computational Biology 12(2).
- W. Banzhaf, B. Baumgaertne, G. Beslon, R. Doursat, J.A. Foster, B. McMullin, V.V. de Melo, T. Miconi, L. Spector, S. Stepney, R. White (2016): Defining and simulating open-ended novelty: requirements, guidelines, and challenges. Theory in Biosciences 2016:pp1-31. Published online May 2016.
- T. Miconi, L. Groomes, G. Kreiman (2015): There's Waldo! A Normalization Model of Visual Search Predicts Single-Trial Human Fixations in an Object Search Task. [Free full text] [PDF] Cerebral Cortex 26 (7):3064-3082.
- T. Miconi and R. VanRullen (2011): A Feedback Model of Attentional Effects in the Visual Cortex. In B. Bouchon-Meunier et al. (Eds.): Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for Multimedia, Signal and Vision Processing, CIMSVP 2011.
- T. Miconi and R. VanRullen (2010): The Gamma slideshow: object-based perceptual cycles in a model of the visual cortex. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience 4:205.
- T. Miconi (2009). Why Coevolution Doesn't "Work": Superiority and Progress in Coevolution. In L. Vanneschi et al. (Eds.): Genetic Programming: 12th European Conference, EuroGP 2009. LNCS 5481. Springer.
- T. Miconi (2008). Evolution and Complexity: The Double-Edged Sword. Artificial Life 14(3):325-344.
- T. Miconi (2008). Fitness Transmission: A Genealogic Signature of Adaptive Evolution. In S. Bullock, J. Noble, R. Watson and M. Bedau (Eds.), Proceedings of the 11th conference on the simulation and synthesis of living systems (ALIFE XI). MIT Press.
- T. Miconi (2008). Evosphere: evolutionary dynamics in a population of fighting virtual creatures. In Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2008). IEEE Press.
- T. Miconi (2008). In Silicon No One Can Hear You Scream: Evolving Fighting Creatures. In M. O'Neill et al. (Eds.): Genetic programming: 11th European Conference, EuroGP 2008. LNCS 4971. Springer.
- T. Miconi and A. Channon (2006). The N-Strikes-Out algorithm: A steady-state algorithm for coevolution. In Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2006). IEEE Press. [Best session paper award]
- T. Miconi and A. Channon (2006). An improved system for artificial creatures evolution. In L.M. Rocha et al. (Eds.): Proceedings of the 10th conference on the simulation and synthesis of living systems (ALIFE X). MIT Press.
- T. Miconi and A. Channon (2005). Analysing coevolution among artificial 3D creatures. In E. G. Talbi et al. (Eds.): Proceedings of the 6th Conference on Artificial Evolution (Evolution Artificielle 2005). LNCS 3871. Springer.
- T. Miconi and A. Channon (2005). A virtual creatures model for studies in artificial evolution. In David Corne et al. (Eds.): Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2005). IEEE Press.
- T. Miconi (2003). When evolving populations is better than coevolving individuals: the Blind Mice problem. In Georg Gottlob, Toby Walsh (Eds.): Proceedings of the Eighteenth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI '03). Morgan Kaufmann.
- T. Miconi (2001). A collective genetic algorithm. In L. Spector et al. (Eds.): Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO 2001). Morgan Kaufmann.
- T. Miconi: Neural networks with differentiable structure.
- T. Miconi: A note on the impossibility of "Fairness".
- T. Miconi, J. McKinstry, G. Edelman (2015). Spontaneous emergence of neuronal groups and attractor dynamics in a spiking model of developing primary sensory cortex. Society for Neuroscience, 2015, Chicago, USA
- T. Miconi, M. Roumy, R Vanrullen (2011). The three flashes illusion: A window into the dynamics of visual processing. ECVP meeting 2011, Toulouse, France (Perception 40:202).
- T. Miconi and R. VanRullen (2010). Gamma oscillations decompose the visual scene into object-based perceptual cycles: A computational model. VSS meeting 2010, Naples, USA.
- T. Miconi and R. VanRullen (2009). Spiking neurons, lateral connections and background oscillations give rise to perceptual cycles. Society for Neuroscience, 2009, Chicago, USA.
- T. Miconi, L. Groomes, G. Kreiman (2014). A normalization model of visual search predicts single trial human fixations in an object search task. MIT CBMM Memo 8.