Winter Executive Education Course January 31 - February 16, 2022
About the course
Behavioral insights and public policy: Can the former be used to craft solutions for the latter?
Traditionally, many government policies are designed on the basis of how people should behave and an assumption that this behavioral is rational. Yet both individuals and organizations make many decisions that systematically depart from what is rational. The result? Policies that are ineffective or even backfire.
But using insights gleaned from behavioral economics, psychology and other social sciences, you can craft better policies that have more successful outcomes.
Better Public Policy from Behavioral Insights
Led by faculty chair Todd Rogers and featuring renowned scholars and practitioners, this online program will introduce you to cutting-edge research from various social science disciplines. But that is just the beginning; the program will focus on real-life applications of this research. You will have the opportunity to apply your learnings immediately, through simulations, group learning, and assignments designed to support you in translating these lessons directly to your professional context. Through your peer learning community and expert HKS faculty, you will receive real-time feedback on your work and leave the program ready to deploy your new skills.
Who should attend
- Officials in national, state/provincial and local governments who wish to apply behavioral insights to public policy interventions
- Representatives from foundations and nonprofit organizations who work on public policy issues and wish to increase the effectiveness of the projects they undertake, fund or evaluate
- An introduction to behavioral insights
- Strategies for building more effective polices using behavioral science
- Cutting-edge research from this field
- A deep understanding of the factors that drive individual behavior
- An opportunity to learn from Harvard faculty, researchers, scientists and expert practitioners
- A lasting network of peers with similar backgrounds and experience
More information and application link below