We have following open positions. Please feel free to contact us, if you have any questions.
Position: Postdoctoral Fellow
The National Center for Image Guided Therapy (NCIGT) at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School seeks an individual who is passionate about medical imaging and/or robotics for image-guided therapy. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing devices and software for image-guided robot-assisted interventions (e.g., biopsy and ablation) and testing them.This fellowship position is an excellent opportunity for those already pursuing or starting a biomedical engineering career. NCIGT offers a unique translational research environment where a multidisciplinary team of clinicians, imaging physicists, computer scientists, technologists, and nurses collaborate in a state-of-the-art facility. Our laboratory is located in the main hospital campus and has easy access to the clinical environment, where we evaluate our software and/or devices regularly. Visit http://www.ncigt.org for further information about NCIGT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop/modify mechanical devices for image-guided interventions.
- Develop algorithms for planning and guiding the procedure.
- Test developed devices in the clinical environment.
- Work with collaborators in other institutions to define requirements and specifications.
- Document the requirement and specification of the developed hardware and software.
- Publish research outcomes in conferences or scientific journals.
Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics, or computer science with an emphasis on experimental work.
- Business-level English speaking and writing skills.
- Experience in developing robotic or mechatronic systems.
- Skill to write software using a programming language (C/C++, Python, Java).
Skill to use basic software development tools (Git, CMake, debuggers, …).