Project Associate, Center for Health and the Global Environment, Harvard Chan School, Boston, MA.
- Project Lead on research design contributions for health and nature-focused development project in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Organized novel Sustainable Healthy Infrastructure conference in Shanghai combining public health, design, and development professionals.
- Environmental Policy Researcher for Health and Places Initiative (HAPI) in China, focusing on sustainable healthy cities, and project leader of HSPH/Graduate School of Design case study of sustainable healthy urban design in Yueqing, China.
- Principal researcher for National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration contract with Univ. of Connecticut CLEAR to assess state-of-the-science on blue carbon sequestration in U.S. coastal wetlands
Intern, Bureau of Energy and Technology Policy, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, State of Connecticut. Intern with focus on state climate change policy,
- Elaborated 2012 triennial CT Greenhouse Gas Inventory using EPA GHG State Inventory Tool. Gaps in inventory provided basis for graduate thesis research on diminished carbon sequestration in CT
- Contributed timely research and revisions to 30-year Comprehensive Energy Strategy for CT and annual Progress Report in response to CT's 2008 Global Warming Solutions Act
Independent Consultant on International Development Projects.
- Wrote and developed country risk analysis, sector research & reporting, working papers, strategic development on sustainable development and environmental management. Speciality in interviewing international policy-makers to contribute timely topic knowledge for projects commissioned by World Bank, Global Forest Trade Network/WWF, Aid to Artisans, Earth Asset Partnerships, and private clients.
Country Affairs Specialist, Houston International Protocol Alliance, Houston
- Prepared country briefing papers and discussion points for Mayor and City Council of U.S. fourth-largest city on bilateral commercial, economic, and cultural issues for meetings with official foreign visitors, including Queen Elizabeth, heads of state, ambassadors, and international delegations.
Career Foreign Service Officer, U.S. Information Agency/U.S. Department of State. Office of Public Diplomacy responsible for press relations and cultural affairs representation for the U.S. Government overseas. Provided regular written analysis of foreign media, public opinion, political processes for US Embassy personnel and high-level visiting U.S. policy-makers abroad. Assignments in San Jose, Rome, Milan, and Warsaw-designate and two G-7 Summits in Venice and Houston.