About This Book
- Get acquainted with a set of fundamental OpenGL primitives and concepts that enable users to create stunning visuals of arbitrarily complex 2D and 3D datasets for many common applications
- Explore interactive, real-time visualization of large 2D and 3D datasets or models, including the use of more advanced techniques such as stereoscopic 3D rendering.
- Create stunning visuals on the latest platforms including mobile phones and state-of-the-art wearable computing devices
What You Will Learn
- Install, compile, and integrate the OpenGL pipeline into your own project
- Create interactive applications using GLFW to handle user inputs and the Android Sensor framework to detect gestures and motions on mobile devices
- Use OpenGL primitives to plot 2-D datasets such as time series dynamically
- Render complex 3D volumetric datasets with techniques such as data slicers and multiple viewpoint projection
- Render images, videos, and point cloud data from 3D range-sensing cameras using the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL)
- Develop video see-through augmented reality applications on mobile devices with OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenCV
- Visualize 3D models with meshes and surfaces using stereoscopic 3D technology
Style and approach
This is an easy-to-follow, comprehensive Cookbook showing readers how to create a variety of real-time, interactive data visualization tools. Each topic is explained in a step-by-step format. A range of hot topics is included, including stereoscopic 3D rendering and data visualization on mobile/wearable platforms.