Job Description (I):
TWO Open Postdoctoral Fellow Positions in the Tao Research Group at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
The Tao Research Group at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School is seeking 2 highly motivated Postdoctoral Researchers with a particular passion for disease treatments by nanotechnology or biomaterial platforms. The applicants who obtain a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree, have expertise in gene therapy or cancer nanomedicine, and can immediately join the team in the U.S. are highly encouraged to apply!
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- M.D. or Ph.D. in Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, or the related fields
- Strong research experience in cancer nanomedicine, RNA delivery, or related fields
- Strong skills for in vivo experiments
- Strong interests in developing novel therapeutic intervention strategies for unmet medical needs
- The ability to build open and collaborative relationships in the research team
- Candidates who can immediately join the team in the U.S. are preferred
Tao Research Group's primary research interest is in the design and synthesis of functional biomaterials, revealing nano-bio interactions, and exploring their different biomedical applications. Our research thrusts include fundamental materials innovation as well as their various applications in translational medicine. List of Research Areas: Biomaterials, RNA Therapeutics, Drug Delivery, Biomedical Engineering, Nanomedicine. Selected Lab Publications (link)
How to Apply
Please email your CV, a brief description of your previous research, your future research interests, and contact information of three references to Dr. Wei Tao (email@example.com) if interested. The position is available immediately, but we will wait for the candidate with the right combination of skills and interests.
Job Description (II):
A full-time position for a Research Technician is available immediately in the Center for Nanomedicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
- Strong knowledges and skills in immunological techniques.
- Lab research experience specialized in experimental methods and procedures for macrophage polarization, immunoblotting analysis, analysis of different groups of T cells via flow cytometry, cytokine detection and other related skills.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals preferred.
- Willing and able to handle with animals (mice).
- Work cooperatively with laboratory members in support of assigned duties.
Applicants who are interested should send the CV to Dr. Tao (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a title line containing the exact phrase "Research Technician".
Job Description (III):
Self-Funded joint Postdoc/Student positions: Applicants who are interested should send the CV and names of three references to Dr. Tao (email@example.com) with a title line containing the exact phrase "Joint postdoc/student". Source of funding should also be clearly stated and only applicants who aim to visit for more than 6 months (ideally 1-2 year) will be considered. Candidates with a background in materials science, polymer chemistry, wound healing, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cell biology, RNA therapeutics, immunology, pharmaceutical science, tissue engineering, nano-bio interface, or immunoengineering are preferred.