This resarch examines the design principles for people-centered e-health. People-centered health care seeks systems based on values and priorties of patients and families, and seeks an active role for the patient while empowering all other members of the health care team. By promoting greater patient responsibility and optimal usage, patient-centered health care leads to improved health outcomes , quality of life and optimal value for health care investment. This research area is looking at definitions of people-centered health care and various e-health approaches around the world used to implement this vision. The barriers and en-ablers to implementation this type of approach are explored.
- Quintana Y, Safran C. Global Challenges in People-Centered E-Health. MEDINFO 2015 Congress. ISO Press: Stud Health Technol Inform. 2015;216:977. PubMed PMID: 26262279.
- Quintana Y, Safran C. eCare at a Distance: Opportunities and Challenges. Research on the use of Information and Communication Technologies in Brazilian health facilities - Health ICT 2014. Pgs 167-177. August 20, 2015.
- Quintana Y, Lorenzi NM, Shani M. People-Centred Healthcare systems: opportunities and challenges. In: Global People-centred eHealth Innovation Forum. London: British Medical Journal Group. Satellites. 2011:18; 17-24.
- Quintana Y, Feightner JW, Wathen CN, Sangster LM, Marshall JN. Preventive health information on the Internet. Qualitative study of consumers' perspectives. Canadian Family Physician. 2001 Sept; 47:1759-1765. (PMID: 11570301)
- Feightner JW, Marshall JN, Sangster LM, Wathen CN, Quintana Y. Evidence-based preventive practice guidelines. Qualitative study of useful resources on the Internet. Canadian Family Physician. 2001 August; 47:1577-1583. (PMID: 11561334)